To set up your GreenNet email account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 / Office365 Outlook, please follow these step-by-step instructions
- Launch Outlook on your computer. If the Add Account screen shown here doesn't come up, click on the File tab and select Add Account. On this screen, enter your email address in the box, and then click on "Advanced Options" and select "Let me set up my account manually"
- On the Advanced setup screen, click "IMAP" (or "POP", if you prefer to use that)
- Outlook will now ask you for your password. Leave this box blank, and click Connect.
- A new box will pop up asking for your username & password - fill in this box with your account login details, and click OK. The username for your GreenNet email account is not your full email address: if you use an address ending @gn.apc.org or @greennet.org.uk then your username is normally the section of your address before the '@' symbol, otherwise if you're unsure then please check your account documentation, or contact our technical support team.
- After a few seconds, Outlook should now say "Account successfully added". Click "Done" to go to the main Outlook window, where your messages will be starting to appear.