To use the built-in WebDAV support in Windows 7, you need to enable the “WebClient” service, via the following process.
1. On the Start menu, in the Search programs and files box, type “services” and click on the Services entry that appears under Programs. (If more than one is shown, select the one with a gear-wheel icon.)
2. The Windows Services Manager will open. Scroll down to WebClient and then double-click on it.
3. In the WebClient Properties dialog box, change Startup type from Manual to Automatic.
4. Under Service status, click the Start button, and a Windows is attempting to start the following service box will appear, which may take a minute or two to complete.
5. Once the WebClient service has started, click OK and then close the Services Manager window.