This document explains how to enable SMTP Authentication for the Macintosh Entourage email client.
Enabling SMTP Authentication
1. Open Entourage.
2. From the Tools menu, select Accounts.
3. Click once on the name of the account you wish to edit. This will highlight the account.
4. Click on the Edit button at the top of the Accounts window. DO NOT click on the edit menu at the very top of the screen.
5. In the Account Settings tab at the bottom of the Edit Account window, change the text to smtp.gn.apc.org in the SMTP server box.
6. Click on the Click here for advanced sending options button underneath the SMTP server box.
7. Place a checkmark in the box next to SMTP server requires authentication.
8. Click on the very small close box in the upper-left corner of this settings window to close it.
9. Click the OK button to close the Edit Account window, and then close the Accounts window. SMTP authentication has been enabled.
For later versions of Outlook for Mac, see http://www.gn.apc.org/support/i-am-receiving-email-fin...