St Mary’s Secret Garden is a fantastic community based charity providing wellbeing through gardening and other eco-therapies. We are now seeking skilled and older new trustees for this established company limited by guarantee and registered charity.
There are a range of practical tasks that can be undertaken, with opportunities to:
- Plan & develop fundraising activities
- Increase our public profile thereby promoting the role of the garden and attracting more visitors
- Help us collect and collate our impact data – help us to prove to others how good we are!
We are seeking hands on trustees who will be able to dedicate a few hours per week to the garden. In return, you will play an important role in ensuring this new charity continues to provide horticultural therapy, accredited training to over 100 people a month and is a welcoming green space for the local community.We face challenges in funding, particularly with the advent of Personal Independence Plans and local council cutbacks.Some trustee roles carry distinct duties and full role descriptions for these roles and general trusteeships are available from http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/Charity_requirements_guidance/ccpubs3.aspx
We are seeking people who have:
- the ability to work methodically on own initiative, to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- A genuine interest in the Garden’s objectives including education, social inclusion, horticulture and sustainable practices
- Ability to work within an equal opportunities framework
- Ability to work positively as part of a team and to work with volunteers where necessary
- Aavailable for evening meetings once every 2 months
Desirable skills could include:Social media marketing, Fundraising strategy, Legal, Marketing Strategy, Public Relations, General management, Governance, Health and Safety, HR